It can be harmful to motivation paying too close attention to your weight when in the first stages of a new routine. It is still important to track but here are some key points in relation to weight.
- Muscle does weigh more than fat in portion comparison
- You will most likely add muscle to your body while reducing fat depending on the type of training routine
- Progress in the beginning stages can be measured by little changes in the mirror compared with scales
- To see an accurate body fat reading you can use a Body composition analysis machine. (Free for Hammer’s Gym members – See reception)
- Be kind to yourself – Rome wasn’t built in a day. Follow the process and you will start to see results
To be exact in measurment, the density of fat is 0.9 g/mL while the density of muscle is 1.1 g/mL.
This may seem like a small difference but it adds up.
The take home message is if you follow the process you will get the results. Be patient! See our friendly staff at reception for your free body composition analysis scan or ask your Hammer’s Gym trainer to set you up.